SUBMISSION OF OCI APPLICATIONS AT HCI LONDON
Documents required to be submitted at the time of making application either at the OCI Counter, High Commission of India, London or By Post:
1. Application Form: To fill up on-line registration form please visit MHA website . Part A has to be filled up on -line for each applicant of the family and Part B is common to all applicants of the family upto a maximum of four. Separate applications required for any other additional members. After submission of Part A online, a copy of Part A with an online registration number will be printed along with Part B of application form. Details in Part B can be typed or hand written in BLOCK LETTERS. In case the space provided is not sufficient, additional sheets may be used for providing requisite details. No column is to be left unanswered. Two sets of application form complete in all respects along with relevant enclosures must be submitted.
2. Signature: Full signature in the box should be provided in case of major and thumb impression (left hand thumb for male and right hand thumb for female) or signature in case of minor (Under 18 years).
3. Photographs: Two photographs (35mm X 35mm) should be pasted at the place provided on the application and two additional photographs must be attached in small envelope separately. Photographs should be of light colour background (not white) with front pose, both shoulders and both ears visible.
4. List of enclosures: Enclosures should be 2 sets of photocopies of requisite documents and each page self attested by the applicant. For minors the Parent must self attest the photocopies. When signing on the photocopies of the documents please mention as "Self Attested" and sign with name & date.
If the supporting documents are not satisfactory applicant will be asked to provide more documentary evidence.
- Photocopies of the photo page of valid British Passport. If the applicant is holding any other foreign passport, photocopy of the first page, photo page, all observation pages of the passport and ID card and utility bills in UK are required.
- Photocopy of the first page, photo page, last page and other pages having any observations of valid/cancelled Indian passport.
- Naturalization /Registration Certificate.
- Marriage certificate where required.
- Change of name / appearance affidavit if required, by High Commission of India, London/Notary Public/Oath Commissioner.
- The above services at para 4 (e) are available at HCI London also with additional fee of £8.00
- Birth certificate from Indian Municipality or from Panchayat and full version birth certificate from Registrar of Births/Local Borough in case born in UK. For any other foreign-born applicant birth certificate must be in full version and it has to be translated in Hindi/English by Reputed and Registered translation authority.
- School leaving certificate, at least Secondary School onwards from required Board.
- If the applicant is making application on the basis of documents of parents or grandparents, documentary relationship proof must be enclosed.
- If the applicant is submitting application at the High Commission of India London, fees can be paid either by Cash or British Postal Order. If the applicant is sending application by post, the fee must be paid by British Postal Order. The Postal Order must be payable to "HIGH COMMISSION OF INDIA, LONDON". Cheque/banker's draft/debit or credit card payments are not accepted.
5. Applicants are required to check their status of the application on the website. No separate intimation/letter will be sent to the applicant about the status of their applications and collection of OCI Certificate. The processing time of application is around 8-12 weeks. Applicants are required to check their status on MHA website http://www.mha.nic.in/oci/oci-main.htm. No queries with regard to status of the applications will be entertained before the expiry of above period.
OCI CERTIFICATES COLLECTION PROCEDURES
At OCI Counter, HCI London:
Applicants need not obtain token at the time of collecting OCI Certificate. They should produce following documents at the OCI Counter on any working day between 1000 to 1230 hrs:-
(a) Original payment receipt issued by HCI, London in case applications submitted in person or postal receipt in case applications sent by post.
(b) Print out of on-line status report
(c) British, Indian or Foreign Passport
(d) PIO card (If holding)
OCI certificates will be ready for collection same day between 3:30pm and 4:00pm. If the applicant is unable to collect OCI Certificate in person, he/she may authorise a person, who will bring the authorisation letter from the applicant and his/her identity documents preferably passports.
For collecting OCI Certificate by Post, the applicant must send above documents at a, b, c & d along with Special Delivery Self Addressed Envelope. When sending please send it to us by Special Delivery Post. High Commission will not be responsible for any loss of documents sent by Post.
FEE PARTICULARS FOR OCI
- £165.00 for each OCI application including minors
- £18.00 for changing any details in the card and transferring visa to the New Passport.
- £18.00 for PIO card holders
- £8.00 for change of name/ appearance affidavit
Note: Applicants not found eligible for OCI will be refunded £130/- after deducting the administrative costs. No refund in the case of PIO card holders.